ETYM French pic a pickax, a pick. Related to Pick, Pike.
1. A thin sharp implement used for picking.
2. A small thin device (of metal or plastic or ivory) used to pluck a stringed instrument; SYN. plectrum, plectron.
3. A heavy wooden-handled iron tool with a curved head that is pointed on both ends; SYN. pickax, pickaxe.
4. A basketball maneuver; obstructing an opponent with one's body.
1. To select carefully from a group: SYN. choose, select, identify, take.
2. To look for and gather; SYN. pluck, cull.
3. To remove in small bits:
4. To provoke:
5. To attack with or as if with a pickaxe of ice or rocky ground, for example; SYN. break up.
6. To pilfer or rob: