Chiefly Scottish; intimate
1. A bundle (especially one carried on the back).
2. A complete collection of similar things.
3. A cream that cleanses and tones the skin; SYN. face pack.
4. A group of hunting animals.
5. A sheet or blanket (either dry or wet) to wrap around the body for its therapeutic effect.
6. A small parcel (as of cigarettes or film).
1. To arrange in a container
2. To carry, as on one's back
3. To compress into a wad; SYN. bundle, wad, compact.
4. To fill to capacity
5. To load with a pack; SYN. load down.
6. To seal with packing
7. To set up a committee or legislative body with one's own supporters so as to influence the outcome
To store information in a more compact form. Packing eliminates unnecessary spaces and other such characters and may use other special methods of compressing data as well. It is used by some programs to minimize storage requirements.