1. An act or instance of plucking or pulling
2. The heart, liver, lungs, and trachea of a slaughtered animal especially as an item of food
3. Courageous readiness to fight or continue against odds; dogged resolution
4. The act of pulling and releasing a taut cord.
1. To pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion, as of guitar strings; SYN. plunk, pick.
2. To pull or pull out sharply; SYN. tweak, pull off, pick off.
3. To strip of feathers; as of chickens; SYN. pull, tear, deplume, deplumate, displume.