1. To admit into a group or community; SYN. admit, take, take on.
2. To give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to; SYN. consent, go for.
3. To react favorably to; consider right and proper
4. To consider or hold as true
5. To be designed to hold or take; SYN. take.
6. Said of a deliberative body: receive (a report) officially, as from a committee.
7. To be sexually responsive to, used of a female domesticated mammal
8. To receive willingly something given or offered; SYN. take, have.
9. To tolerate or accommodate oneself to; SYN. swallow.