The act of photographing a scene or part of a scene without interruption.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: took, taken).
1. To get into one's hands, take physically; SYN. get hold of.
2. To bring into one's possession.
3. To take by force.
4. To obtain by winning.
5. To make use of or accept for some purpose; SYN. accept.
6. To carry out.
7. To buy, select.
8. To experience or feel; submit to.
9. To be seized in a specified way.
10. To ascertain or determine by measuring, computing, etc.; take a reading from a dial.
11. To travel or go by means of a certain kind of transportation, or a certain route.
12. To get into a position of having, e.g., safety, comfort.
13. To interpret something in a certain way; convey a particular meaning or impression; SYN. have.