1. Broken or burst apart longitudinally
2. Being divided or separated
3. (Especially of wood) Cut or ripped longitudinally with the grain
cut · disconnected · disunited · divided · fragmented
1. A lengthwise crack in some substance, such as wood
2. A promised or claimed share of loot or money
3. An increase in the number of outstanding shares of a corporation without changing the shareholders' equity; SYN. stock split, split up.
4. (Tenpin bowling) A divided formation of pins left standing after the first bowl
5. Extending the legs at right angles to the trunks (one in front and the other in back).
6. A dessert of sliced fruit and ice cream covered with whipped cream and cherries and nuts.
7. A bottle containing half the usual amount.
(Italian Spalato) Port in Croatia, on the Adriatic coast; Industries include engineering, cement, and textiles.
Split was bombed during 1991 as part of Yugoslavia's blockade of the Croatian coast.
The Roman emperor Diocletian retired here 305.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: split)
1. To divide lengthwise usually along a grain or seam or by layers; to affect as if by cleaving or forcing apart
2. To tear or rend apart; burst; to subject (an atom or atomic nucleus) to artificial disintegration by fission; to affect as if by breaking up or tearing apart; shatter
3. To divide into parts or portions: as to divide between persons; share; to divide into factions, parties, or groups; to mark (a ballot) or cast or register (a vote) so as to vote for candidates of different parties; to divide or break down (a chemical compound) into constituents; to remove by such separation; to divide (stock) by issuing a larger number of shares to existing shareholders usually without increase in total par value
4. To separate (the parts of a whole) by interposing something
5. To become split lengthwise or into layers; to break apart; burst
6. To become divided up or separated off; to sever relations or connections; separate; leave; especially; to leave without delay
7. To apportion shares
break · break open · break up · burst · carve up · cleave · dissever · divide · part · rive · separate · split up
muški rod, aeronautika
muški rod, gramatika
ženski rod, medicina