ETYM French passage. Related to Pass.
1. A path or channel through or along which someone or something may pass.
2. A path or channel or duct through or along which something may pass; SYN. passageway.
3. The act of passing something to another person; SYN. handing over.
4. A short section of a text or a musical composition; SYN. musical passage.
5. The act of passing from one stage to the next; SYN. transition.
6. A process of passing from one place or stage to another; SYN. passing.
7. A journey usually by ship; SYN. transit.
In music, a nontechnical term referring to a length of music of unfixed duration, but usually a short section, which is characterized by a single melodic or textural feature.
1. To go past or across; cross
2. To subject to passage