1. A length (straight or curved) without breadth or thickness; the trace of a moving point.
2. A mark that is long relative to its width
3. A linear string of words expressing some idea
4. A formation of people or things one after another
5. A formation of people or things beside one another
6. Something long and thin and flexible.
7. A conceptual separation or demarcation:; SYN. dividing line, demarcation, contrast.
8. A fortified position (especially one marking the most forward position of troops)
9. A particular kind of product; SYN. product line, line of products, line of merchandise, business line, line of business.
10. A commercial organization serving as a common carrier.
11. Railroad track and roadbed; SYN. railway line, rail line.
12. In games or sports; a mark indicating positions or bounds of the playing area.
13. Acting in conformity; or or
14. A single frequency (or very narrow band) of radiation in a spectrum.
1. Any wire or wires, such as power lines and telephone lines, used to transmit electrical power or signals.
2. In communications, a connection, usually a physical wire or other cable, between sending and receiving (or calling and called) devices, including telephones, computers, and terminals.
3. In a sonet network, a segment that runs between two multiplexers. See also sonet.
4. In word processing, a string of characters displayed or printed in a single horizontal row.
5. In programming, a statement (instruction) that occupies one line of the program. In this context, the common reference is to a “program line” or a “line of code.”
Sinonimi: run along
1. To mark with lines, draw lines on
2. To mark with lines
3. To fill plentifully
4. To cover the interior of, as of garments
5. To be in line with; form a line along; of trees along a river, etc.; SYN. run along.
6. To reinforce with fabric; of books.