1. Of large size or extent; great; extensive; hence, relatively great; greatest; chief; principal
2. Great in size, and imposing in appearance or impression; illustrious, dignified, or noble
3. Having higher rank or more dignity, size, or importance than other persons or things of the same name.
4. Standing in the second or some more remote degree of parentage or descent; -- generalIy used in composition
1. River 260 miles (418 kilometers) sw Michigan flowing N and W into Lake Michigan.
2. River 300 miles (483 kilometers) nw Missouri flowing se into Missouri River.
3. River 200 miles (322 kilometers) N South Dakota flowing E into Missouri River.
4. The Colorado River from its source to junction with Green River in se Utah — a former name.