ETYM For guaranty, prob. influenced by words like assignee, lessee, etc. Related to Guaranty, Warrantee.
Or warranty; A manufacturer's written promise as to the extent they will replace or otherwise compensate a purchaser for defective goods.1. A collateral agreement to answer for the debt of another in case that person defaults; SYN. guaranty.
2. A pledge that something will happen or that something is true.
3. A written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications; SYN. warrant, warranty.
1. To give surety or assume responsibility; SYN. vouch.
2. To make certain of; SYN. ensure, insure, assure, secure.
3. To stand behind; SYN. warrant.