ETYM Latin adumbratus, p. p. of adumbrare; ad + umbrare to shade; umbra shadow.
1. To foreshadow; to give a premonition of.
2. To give a faint shadow or slight representation of; to outline.
3. To overshadow; to shade.
4. Indicate faintly; foreshadow.
5. Shadow forth; outline; sketch out.
1. To make less bright
2. To make indistinct; obscure
1. To cover with a fog.
2. To confuse; to mystify.
Sinonimi: blacken out
1. To darken completely; SYN. blacken out.
2. To obliterate or extinguish, of lights.
3. To suppress by censorship; of reporting, as for political reasons. blackout