1. A small hole in a fortified wall; for observation or discharging weapons.
2. An ambiguity (especially one in the text of a law or contract) that makes it possible to evade a difficulty or obligation.
1. A small slit (as for inserting a coin or depositing mail).
2. A small opening in which anything may be inserted
3. A position in a grammatical linguistic construction in which a variety of alternative units are interchangeable
4. (Computers) A socket in a microcomputer that will accept a plug-in circuit board; SYN. expansion slot.
5. A slot machine that is used for gambling; SYN. one-armed bandit.
6. The trail of an animal (especially a deer).