ETYM agentia, from Latin agens, agentis: cf. French agence. Related to Agent.
1. A business that serves other businesses.
2. An administrative unit of government; SYN. government agency, bureau, office, authority.
3. The state of being in action or exerting power.
4. The state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
5. How a result is obtained or an end is achieved
1. A dramatic or musical entertainment; or; SYN. public presentation.
2. Any recognized accomplishment
3. The act of doing something successfully; using knowledge as distinguished from merely possessing it; SYN. execution, doing, carrying out, carrying into action.
4. The act of presenting a play or a piece of music or other entertainment