ETYM French charge, from charger to load. Related to Charge, Cargo, Caricature.
1. (Criminal law) A pleading describing some wrong or offense; SYN. complaint.
2. A quantity of explosive to be set off at one time; SYN. burster, bursting charge, explosive charge.
3. A impetuous rush toward someone or something.
4. A financial liability (such as a tax).
5. Request for payment of a debt; SYN. billing.
6. The price charged for some article or service.
7. The quantity of unbalanced electricity in a body; SYN. electric charge.
8. A person committed to one's care.
9. A design or image depicted on a shield; SYN. bearing, heraldic bearing, armorial bearing.
A property of subatomic particles, which can have either a negative charge or a positive charge. In electronics, a charge consists of either an excess of electrons (a negative charge) or a deficiency of electrons (a positive charge). The unit of charge is the coulomb, which corresponds to 6.26 x 1018 electrons.
accusation · armorial bearing · bang · bearing · billing · boot · burster · bursting charge · care · cathexis · commission · complaint · direction · electric charge · explosive charge · flush · guardianship · heraldic bearing · kick · mission · rush · thrill · tutelage