ETYM Latin carnalis, from caro, carnis, flesh; akin to Greek, Skr. kravya; cf. French charnel, Of. also carnel. Related to Charnel.
Of or relating to the body or flesh.
1. According with material things or natural laws
2. Concerned with material things
3. Having substance or material existence; perceptible to the senses; SYN. tangible, touchable.
4. Involving the body as distinguished from the mind or spirit
5. Relating to the sciences dealing with matter and energy; especially physics
ETYM Latin sensualis, from sensus sense: cf. French sensuel.
Sexually exciting or gratifying; SYN. sultry.
ETYM Latin solidus, probably akin to sollus whole, entire, Greek: cf. French solide. Related to Consolidate,Soda, Solder, Soldier, Solemn.
1. Acting together as a single undiversified whole; SYN. unanimous.
2. Entirely of a single color throughout; SYN. self-colored, self-coloured.
3. Entirely of one substance with no holes inside.
4. Having three dimensions.
5. Incapable of being seen through.
6. Of definite shape and volume; firm; neither liquid nor gaseous.
7. Of good quality and condition; solidly built; SYN. strong, substantial.
8. Of good substantial quality.
9. Of one substance or character throughout.
10. Turned into or covered with thick ice.
11. Uninterrupted in space; having no gaps or breaks.