Iznos novca, suma.
1 The total number or quantity; aggregate; the quantity at hand or under consideration
2. The whole effect, significance, or import
3. A principal sum and the interest on it'usage Number is regularly used with count nouns while amount is mainly used with mass nouns. The use of amount with count nouns has been frequently criticized; it usually occurs when the number of things is thought of as a mass or collection or when money is involved
How much of something is available
ETYM Old Eng. summe, somme, Old Fren. sume, some, French somme, Latin summa, from summus highest, a superlative from sub under. Related to Sub-, Supreme.
1. A quantity obtained by addition; SYN. amount, total.
2. A quantity of money; SYN. sum of money, amount, amount of money.
3. The final aggregate; SYN. sum total.
4. The whole; SYN. total, totality, aggregate.