ETYM Old Eng. briht, AS. beorht, briht; akin to OS. berht, Old High Germ. beraht, Icel. bjartr, Goth. baírhts.
1. Abounding with sunlight; SYN. shining, shiny, sunshiny, sunny.
2. Emitting or reflecting light readily or in large amounts.
3. Made smooth and bright by or as if by rubbing; reflecting a sheen or glow; SYN. burnished, lustrous, shining, shiny.
4. Clear and sharp and ringing; SYN. brilliant.
5. Characterized by quickness and ease in learning; SYN. smart.
6. Full or promise; SYN. promising.
7. Having lots of light either natural or artificial.
8. Having striking color; SYN. brilliant, vivid.
9. Characterized by happiness or gladness.
1. Free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception; or conforming with established standards or rules; SYN. just.
2. More than adequate in quality.
3. Not excessive or extreme; SYN. fairish, reasonable.
4. Visually appealing; SYN. sightly.
5. Attractively feminine (especially in the phrase).
6. Free of clouds or rain.
7. (Used of hair or skin) Pale or light-colored; SYN. fairish.
8. (Of a baseball) Hit between the foul lines.
1. Full of or showing high-spirited merriment; SYN. jocund, jolly, jovial, merry, mirthful.
2. Given to social pleasures often including dissipation.
3. Homosexual or arousing homosexual desires; SYN. queer, homophile.
ETYM Latin lucidus, from lux, lucis, light. Related to Light.
Having a clear mind.
Bright; clear; convincing; lucid; shining.
ETYM Latin luminosus, from lumen light: cf. French lumineux. Related to Luminary, Illuminate.
1. Shining; emitting or reflecting light; brilliant; bright.
2. Illuminated; full of light; bright.
3. Enlightened; intelligent; also, clear; intelligible.
ETYM Latin radians, -antis, p. pr. of radiare to emit rays or beams, from radius ray: cf. French radiant. Related to Radius, Ray a divergent line.
1. Emitting or proceeding as from a center; rays; radiating; radiate.
2. Especially, emitting or darting rays of light or heat; issuing in beams or rays; beaming with brightness; emitting a vivid light or splendor.
3. Beaming with vivacity and happiness.
4. Having a raylike appearance, as the large marginal flowers of certain umbelliferous plants; -- said also of the cluster which has such marginal flowers.
1. Emitting or radiating light
2. Marked by exceptional merit
3. Reflecting an inner radiance