1. To strike one's hands together; SYN. spat.
2. To strike together so as to produce a sharp percussive noise, as of two flat, hard surfaces.
3. To strike with the flat of the hand; usually in a friendly way, as in encouragement or greeting.
4. To strike the air in flight; said of the wings of certain birds.
5. To put quickly or forcibly.
1. To put something somewhere so that the space is completely filled.
2. To study intensively, as before an exam; SYN. grind away, drum, bone up, swot, get up, mug up, swot up, bone.