1. The act of cutting something into parts; SYN. cutting.
2. The act of penetrating or opening open with a sharp edge; SYN. cutting.
3. A wound made by cutting; SYN. gash, slash, slice.
4. In films: an immediate transition from one shot to the next
5. The act of reducing the amount or number
6. The act of shortening something by cutting off the ends; SYN. cutting, cutting off.
7. The style in which a garment is cut
8. A piece of meat that has been cut from an animal carcass; SYN. cut of meat.
9. A share of the profits
10. A step on some scale
11. A stroke (in tennis or badminton or squash) that puts reverse spin on the ball
12. A trench resembling a furrow that was made by erosion or excavation; SYN. gash.
13. An unexcused absence from class
14. The division of a deck of cards before dealing; SYN. cutting.
15. A canal made by erosion or excavation.