1. To emit a steady even light without flames.
2. To be exuberant or high-spirited.
3. Said esp. of the complexion: to show a strong bright color, such as red or pink; SYN. beam, radiate, shine.
4. To experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion; SYN. beam, radiate, shine.
1. To cause to start burning; subject to fire or great heat; SYN. light.
2. To start to burn; SYN. erupt, catch fire, take fire.
1. To emit rays of light
2. To be bright by reflection of light
3. To be eminent, conspicuous, or distinguished; to perform extremely well
4. To have a bright glowing appearance
5. To be conspicuously evident or clear
6. To cause to emit light; to throw or direct the light of
7. To make bright by polishing