(Irregular preterit, past participle: alit).
1. To come down, as of a bird; SYN. climb down.
2. To come to rest, settle; SYN. light, perch.
Back down, climb-down
1. To criticize or reprimand harshly.
2. When you move to a lower level socially or financially and receive less respect from other people because of this change, you come down in life.
To move downward but not necessarily all the way; SYN. fall, go down, come down.
1. To lower (one's body) as by kneeling.
2. When you bend your body and lower your head to avoid danger or to prevent people from seeing you, you get down.