ETYM Latin agrestis, from ager field.
Of the countryside; rustic, uncouth.1. Characteristic of the fields or country; SYN. rustic.
2. (Of behavior) Rustic and uncouth.
Of the fields; rural; unpolished.
ETYM Latin bucolicus, Greek, cowherd, herdsman; bous ox + perhaps kolos race horse; cf. Skr. kal to drive: cf. French bucolique. Related to Cow the animal.
Relating to shepherds or herdsmen or devoted to raising sheep or cattle; SYN. pastoral.
Pertaining to the tending of cattle; rustic; rural.
Rustic; pertaining to shepherds.
1. Strong, stiff, or hard, like a horn; resembling horn.
2. Mawkishly old-fashioned; tiresomely simple and sentimental
Sinonimi: countryfied | rustic
Characteristic of rural life; SYN. countryfied, rustic.
ETYM Latin pastoralis: cf. French pastoral. Related to Pastor.
Of or relating to a pastor.
ETYM Latin provincialis: cf. French provincial. Related to Province, Provencal.
1. Characteristic of the provinces or their people.
2. Of or associated with a province.
ETYM French, from Latin ruralis, from rus, ruris, the country. Related to Room space, Rustic.
1. Living in or characteristic of farming or country life.
2. Relating to rural areas.
ETYM Latin rusticus, from rus, ruris, the country: cf. French rustique. Related to Rural.
1. Of or pertaining to the country; rural.
2. Rude; awkward; unpolished.
3. Plain; simple.
Rural; of or pertaining to a villa