To learn or discover with certainty.
Find out for certain.
1. To make a discovery; make a new finding; SYN. find.
2. To make a find the truth of; SYN. find.
3. To see for the first time; make a discovery.
Sinonimi: catch out
(Homonym: fined ).
(Irregular preterit, past participle: found).
1. To come upon after searching; find the location of something that was missed or lost; SYN. regain.
2. To come upon, as if by accident; meet with; SYN. happen, chance, hit, bump, encounter.
3. To succeed in reaching; arrive at.
4. To come to believe on the basis of emotion, intuitions, or indefinite grounds; SYN. feel.
5. To obtain through effort or management.
6. To perceive oneself to be in a certain condition or place.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: learned; or: learnt).
1. To acquire or gain knowledge or skills; SYN. larn.
2. To be a student of a certain subject; SYN. study, read, take.
3. To get to know or become aware of; SYN. hear, get word, get wind, pick up, find out, get a line, discover, see.