1. To take to task; SYN. reprove.
2. Reprove gently.
3. Admonish or counsel in terms of someone's behaviour
4. Warn strongly; put on guard
1. To give advice to; SYN. counsel.
2. To give information or notice to; SYN. notify, give notice, send word, apprise, apprize.
3. Make a proposal, declare a plan for something
1. To grant or bestow; SYN. bestow.
2. To have a conference in order to talk something over; SYN. confabulate, confab, consult.
1. To advise professionally.
2. To get or ask advice from; SYN. confer with.
3. To seek information from; SYN. refer, look up.
To advise; to provide counsel for.
To consider carefully and deeply; reflect upon; turn over in one's mind; SYN. cogitate.
To reason with (somebody) for the purpose of dissuasion.
To remonstrate; to discuss or reason with.
To push for something; SYN. urge, advocate.