The sound of growling (as made by animals); SYN. growling.
1. An abrupt closing (as of the mouth in biting or of scissors in cutting)
2. A small amount; bit
3. An act or instance of seizing abruptly; a sudden snatching at something; a quick short movement; a sudden sharp breaking
4. A sound made by snapping something; a brief sharp and usually irritable speech or retort
5. A sudden spell of weather
6. A catch or fastening that closes or locks with a click
7. A flat brittle cookie — compare gingersnap
9. The condition of being vigorous in body, mind, or spirit; alertness, energy; a pleasing vigorous quality
10. The act of a center's putting the football in play from its position on the ground by quickly passing
1. A vicious angry growl.
2. An angry vicious expression.