Sinonimi: lappet moth
ETYM Dim. of lap a fold.
1. A small lap on a garment or headdress.
2. Medium-sized hairy moths; larvae are lappet caterpillars; SYN. lappet moth.
Fold or flap on a garment or headdress worn by priest.
Flap or fold (on garment); fleshy lobe.
ETYM Old Eng. slice, sclice, Old Fren. esclice, from esclicier, esclichier, to break to pieces, of German origin; cf. Old High Germ. slîzan to split, slit, tear, German schleissen to slit. Related to Slit.
1. A thin flat piece cut off of some object.
2. A share of something; SYN. piece.
3. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer; SYN. fade.
4. A spatula for spreading paint or ink.