1. Severely inflamed and painful.
2. Feeling or showing anger.
3. (Of the elements) As if showing violent anger; SYN. furious, raging, tempestuous, wild.
1. Restless, fidgety; also; Impatien, eager
2. Nervous, apprehensive
Perversely irritable; SYN. crabby, cross, fussy, grouchy, grumpy, bad-tempered, ill-tempered.
ETYM From Edge.
Being in a tense state; easily upset; SYN. high-strung, in suspense, jittery, jumpy, nervous, nervy, overstrung, restive, uptight.
ETYM Latin iratus, from irasci to be angry. Related to Ire.
Feeling or showing extreme anger; SYN. ireful.
1. Extremely excited; agitated
2. Elaborated to excess; overdone
Causing difficulty in finding an answer or solution; much disputed.
Wrathful; in commotion; stormy