(Irregular preterit, past participle: bore, borne).
1. To move while holding up or supporting; also with communication nouns:.
2. To have:.
3. To bring forth, SYN. turn out.
4. To be pregnant with; SYN. carry, gestate, expect.
5. To have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices; SYN. hold.
6. To take on as one's own expenses or debts of another person; SYN. take over, accept, assume.
To call forth; SYN. breed, spawn.
1. To generate and produce; to reproduce by sexual generation; to engender.
2. Produce young.
1. To have offspring or young; SYN. procreate, multiply.
2. To make a copy of.
3. To recreate an idea, mood, atmosphere, etc. as by artistic means
1. To be teeming, be abuzz; SYN. swarm.
2. Empty, pour.