ETYM Latin aspersio, from aspergere: cf. French aspersion.
1. A disparaging remark; SYN. slur.
2. The act of defaming; SYN. calumny, slander, defamation.
3. The act of sprinkling water in baptism (rare); SYN. sprinkling.
ETYM French, from Italian doccia, from docciare to flow, pour, from an assumed Late Lat. ductiare, from Latin ducere, ductum, to lead, conduct (water). Related to Duct.
1. A small syringe with detachable nozzles; used for vaginal lavage and enemas; SYN. douche bag.
2. Irrigation with a jet of water or medicated solution into or around a body part (especially the vagina) to treat infections or cleanse from odorous contents.
1. The act of splashing a (liquid) substance on a surface; SYN. spattering, splash, splashing, splattering.
2. The noise of something spattering or sputtering explosively; SYN. spattering, splatter, splattering, sputter, splutter, sputtering.
ETYM andradic;170. Related to Spell a splinter.
1. A sudden drop from an upright position; SYN. tumble, fall.
2. Liquid that is spilled.
3. The act of allowing a fluid to escape; SYN. spillage, release.