(Irregular preterit, past participle: abode)
1. To wait; to pause; to delay.
2. To stay; to continue in a place; to have one's abode; to dwell; to sojourn; -- with before a person, and commonly with or before a place.
3. To remain stable or fixed in some state or condition; to continue; to remain.
4. To tolerate
To be compliant; go along with; act in agreement with; SYN. follow, abide by.
1. To give the same shape, outline, or contour to; bring into harmony or accord
2. To be similar or identical; also; to be in agreement or harmony — used with to or with
3. To be obedient or compliant — usually used with to
4. To act in accordance with prevailing standards or customs