ETYM Latin aedificare to instruct.
To instruct; to provide moral guidance to.
ETYM Pref. en- + lighten: cf. AS. inlîhtan. Related to Enlight.
1. To give spiritual insight to; in religion; SYN. irradiate.
2. To make understand; SYN. edify.
1. To teach and impress by frequent repetitions or admonitions; SYN. instill, infuse.
2. To implant in by persistent urging.
3. To impress on mind by frequent repetition.
1. To give instructions or directions for some task
2. To make aware of; SYN. apprise, apprize.
1. To act as a guardian to someone.
2. To be a tutor to someone; give individual instruction