1. To equal in meaning; have the same connotation as; symbolize
2. To have identity with
3. To constitute the same class as
4. To have a specified qualification or characterization
5. To belong to the class of
6. To have an objective existence; have reality or actuality; live
7. To have, maintain, or occupy a place, situation, or position
8. To remain unmolested, undisturbed, or uninterrupted — used only in infinitive form
9. To take place; occur; to come or go
1. To have an existence, be extant; SYN. be.
2. To stay alive; survive; SYN. survive, live, subsist.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: made).
1. To produce or cause to be or to become; SYN. create.
2. To produce by shaping or bringing together constituents.
3. To give certain properties to something; SYN. get, produce, turn into, transform, convert.
4. To perform or carry out.
5. To undergo fabrication or creation.
6. To change from one form into another.
7. To develop into.
8. To engage in; SYN. do.
9. To be suitable for.
10. To behave in a certain way.
11. To put in order or neaten; SYN. make up.
12. To form by assembling individuals or constituents.
13. To favor the development of.
14. To consider as being.
15. To constitute the essence of.
16. To compel or make somebody or something to act in a certain way.
17. To carry out or commit; SYN. commit, accomplish.
18. To cause to be enjoyable or pleasurable.
19. To act in a certain way so as to acquire.
20. To add up to.
21. To pretend to be; imitate.
22. To reach in time.
23. To appear to begin an activity.
24. To assure the success of.
25. To calculate as being.
1. To be; to have existence.
2. To continue; to retain a certain state.
3. To be maintained with food and clothing; to be supported; to live.
4. Be able to continue to exist; consist
To dwell, abide