Osramoćen, obrukan, izvrgnut ruglu.
ETYM Latin abjectus, p. p. of abjicere to throw away; ab + jacere to throw. Related to Jet a shooting forth.
1. Most unfortunate or miserable.
2. Of the most contemptible kind; SYN. low, low-down, miserable, scummy, scurvy.
3. Showing humiliation or submissiveness.
4. Showing utter resignation or hopelessness; SYN. resigned, unhopeful.
Humble; miserable; craven.
1. Reduced in rank, character, or reputation; debased; sunken; low; base.
2. Having the typical characters or organs in a partially developed condition, or lacking certain parts.
Made to feel shameful; mortified, ashamed; abashed