ETYM Greek. Related to Agonism.
1. Striving to overcome in argument; SYN. agonistical, combative.
2. Struggling for effect; SYN. strained.
Relating to or being aggressive or argumentative.
3. Of or relating to the athletic contests held in ancient Greece
Striving to overcome in argument
ETYM Cf. Late Lat. controversialis.
Marked by or capable of arousing controversy.
ETYM Greek, from erizein to strive, wrangle, eris strife.
Characterized by dispute or argument; polemical.
Of or pertaining to controversy or argument; pertaining to dispute or argument.
ETYM Greek, warlike, from polemos war: cf. French polémique.
Of or involving dispute or controversy; SYN. polemical.
Disputatious; pertaining to argument.
1. Of, relating to, or being a polemic; controversial
2. Engaged in or addicted to polemics; disputatious