ETYM Latin mobilis, for movibilis, from movere to move: cf. French mobile. Related to Move.
1. Moving or capable of moving readily (especially from place to place).
2. Capable of changing quickly from one state or condition to another.
3. Having transportation available.
4. (Of groups of people) Tending to travel and change settlements frequently; SYN. nomadic, peregrine, roving, wandering.
(Of spores or microorganisms) Capable of movement.
ETYM Cf. Old Fren. movable. Related to Move.
1. Capable of being moved or conveyed from one place to another; SYN. moveable, transferable, transferrable, transportable.
2. (Of personal property as opposed to real estate) Can be moved from place to place (especially carried by hand).