1. To make heavy or heavier; to add to; to increase.
2. To make worse, or more severe; to render less tolerable or less excusable; to make more offensive; to enhance; to intensify.
3. To give coloring to in description; to exaggerate.
4. To exasperate; to provoke; to irritate.
To lower in value by increasing the base-metal content; of metals; SYN. alloy.
1. To become worse or disintegrate; SYN. degenerate.
2. To grow worse; SYN. drop, degenerate.
To exasperate or irritate; SYN. exasperate, aggravate.
1. To grow worse; SYN. decline.
2. To make worse; SYN. aggravate, exacerbate, exasperate.