(Irregular preterit, past participle: bent).
1. To cause to assume a crooked or angular form; SYN. deform, twist.
2. To change direction.
3. To form a curve; SYN. flex.
Sinonimi: bow down
1. To bend one's knee or body, or lower one's head; SYN. bow down.
2. To bend the head or the upper part of the body in a gesture of respect or greeting.
3. To play on a string instrument.
To throw down; to destroy; to deject or depress, as the mind.
1. To cast down.
2. To cast down the spirits of; to dispirit; to discourage; to dishearten.
1. To submerge or plunge suddenly.
2. To move (the head or body) quickly downwards or away.