1. To plead in favor of.
2. Push for something
1. To be behind; support or vote for; SYN. endorse, plump for, plunk for, support.
2. To be in back of
3. To cause to travel backward
4. To shift to a counterclockwise direction, of the wind.
5. To strengthen by providing with a back or backing.
6. To support financial backing for
7. To travel backward
To move backwards from a certain position; SYN. back off, back down.
When you are explaining something, and you repeat something that you already said, you back up.
To act as a backstop, as in baseball.
To corroborate; to confirm
To support with evidence or authority; make more certain or confirm; SYN. underpin, bear out, support.
To give support or one's blessing to; SYN. back, endorse, indorse.
1. To admit as valid.
2. To supply with sustenance; SYN. keep, maintain.