The delivery of goods for sale or disposal.
Chiefly British variant of DISPATCH.
1. A message sent with speed; especially; an important official message sent by a diplomatic, military, or naval officer
2. A news item filed by a correspondent
3. The act of dispatching: as a obsolete; dismissal
4. The act of killing
5. Prompt settlement (as of an item of business)
6. Quick riddance
7. A sending off; shipment
3. Promptness and efficiency in performance or transmission
ETYM French parcelle a small part, from (assumed) Late Lat. particella, dim. of Latin pars. Related to Part, Particle.
1. The result of parcelling out or sharing; SYN. portion, share.
2. A tract or plot of land.
3. A company, collection, or group of persons, animals, or things; lot.
4. A wrapped bundle; package; a unit of salable merchandise.
The act of shipping; also, that which is shippped.