Sinonimi: table napkin | serviette
ETYM Dim. of Old Fren. nape a tablecloth, cloth, French nappe, Latin mappa. Related to Napery.
To protect clothing; wipe mouth; SYN. table napkin, serviette.
1. A piece of material (as cloth or paper) used at table to wipe the lips or fingers and protect the clothes.
2. A small cloth or towel; as a dialect British; handkerchief.
3. Sanitary napkin.
ETYM Old Eng. towaille, towail, French touaille, Late Lat. toacula, of Teutonic origin.
A rectangular piece of absorbent cloth (or paper) for drying or wiping.
A piece of cloth used to wash the face and body; SYN. washrag, flannel, face cloth.
Sinonimi: automatic washer | washing machine
ETYM AS. waescere.
1. A flat disk placed to prevent leakage.
2. A home appliance for washing clothes and linens automatically; SYN. automatic washer, washing machine.
3. Someone who washes things for a living.