Naporedan, uporedan, istoga pravca, koji je kaže se u svima tačkama jedan od drugog jednako udaljen; fig. saglasan, koji jedan drugom odgovara, barabar. (grč.)
ETYM Late Lat. collateralis; col- + lateralis lateral. Related to Lateral.
1. Accompaniment to something else.
2. Descended from a common ancestor but through different lines; SYN. indirect, oblique.
3. Serving to support or corroborate; SYN. confirmative, confirming, confirmatory, corroborative, corroboratory, substantiating, substantiative, validating, validatory, verificatory, verifying.
4. Situated or running side by side.
5. Derived from same main stock but subsidiary; secondary.
6. Security available in return for a loan. Usually stocks, shares, property, or life insurance policies will be accepted as collateral.
ETYM Latin aequidistans, -antis; aequus equal + distans distant: cf. French équidistant.
The same distance apart at every point.
Sinonimi: in parallel
ETYM French parallčle, Latin parallelus, from Greek; para beside + allos other, akin to Latin alius. Related to Allien.
1. Being everywhere equidistant and not intersecting.
2. (Computer science) Of or relating to the simultaneous performance of multiple operations; SYN. in parallel.
1. Odnosi se na podatke koji se prenose uporedo, za razliku od prenošenja u nizu. Na primer, u paralelnom interfejsu koristi se 8 žica, po jedna za svaki bit u bajtu.
2. Vrsta priključka na PC-ju.
1. Of or relating to electronic circuits in which the corresponding terminals of two or more components are connected.
2. In geometry and graphics, of, relating to, or being lines that run side by side in the same direction in the same plane without intersecting.
3. In data communications, of, relating to, or being information that is sent in groups of bits over multiple wires, one wire for each bit in a group. See also parallel interface. Compare serial.
4. In data handling, of or relating to handling more than one event at a time, with each event having its own portion of the system’s resources. See also parallel processing.