(Irregular preterit, past participle: abode)
1. To wait; to pause; to delay.
2. To stay; to continue in a place; to have one's abode; to dwell; to sojourn; -- with before a person, and commonly with or before a place.
3. To remain stable or fixed in some state or condition; to continue; to remain.
4. To tolerate
1. To keep to:; SYN. stick with, follow.
2. When you are speaking or writing and you stick to a certain subject, you talk or write about that subject only.
3. When you stick to a certain belief, claim, policy, habit, plan, type of work, and so on, you continue as before, without change. Stick with is similar to stick to.