1. To provide with, mount on, or attach by a pivot
2. To cause to pivot
3. To turn on a pivot; SYN. swivel.
ETYM Cf. Swed. ragla. Related to Reel.
To wind onto or off a reel.
1. To turn on or around an axis or a center; SYN. go around, rotate.
2. To ponder something; to remain under consideration
3. To move in a curved path round a center or axis; to turn or roll round on an axis
4. To have or come to a specified focus; center — usually used with around
1. To cause to turn on an axis or center
2. To exchange on a regular basis
3. To perform a job or duty on a rotating basis
To swing or turn, as on a pin or pivot.
Sinonimi: fiddle with
ETYM Probably of imitative origin. Related to Tweedle.
To manipulate, as in a nervous or unconscious manner; SYN. fiddle with.
Sinonimi: wheel around | roll | wheel around
1. To change directions as of revolving on a pivot; SYN. wheel around.
2. To move along on or as if on wheels or a wheeled vehicle; SYN. roll.
3. To wheel somebody or something; SYN. wheel around.
1. To cause to spin; SYN. birl, spin, twirl.
2. To fly around, as of paper on the sidewalk, or clothes in a dryer, or rising smoke in the wind; SYN. swirl, tumble, whirl around.