(Irregular preterit, past participle: chose, chosen).
1. To pick out, or select from a number of alternatives; SYN. take, select, pick out.
2. To see fit or proper to act in a certain way; decide to act in a certain way.
3. To select as an alternative; choose instead; prefer as an alternative; SYN. prefer, opt for.
1. To criticize or reprimand harshly.
2. When you move to a lower level socially or financially and receive less respect from other people because of this change, you come down in life.
1. To reach, make, or come to a decision about something; SYN. make up one's mind, determine.
2. To cause to decide.
3. To influence or determine.
4. To bring to an end; settle conclusively; SYN. settle, resolve.
1. To conclude after a calculation, investigation, experiment, or study; SYN. find, find out, ascertain.
2. To find out or learn with certainty; SYN. check, find out, see, ascertain, watch, learn.
3. To fix conclusively or authoritatively; SYN. set.
4. To fix in scope; fix the boundaries of; the tree determines the border of the property.
5. To shape or influence; give direction to; SYN. shape, influence, regulate.