Novost, novina; trg. sveža roba, nov trgovački artikal; u knjižarstvu: nova, tek objavljena knjiga. (lat.)
ETYM Old Fren. novelté, French nouveauté, Latin novellitas.
1. Something new or unusual.
2. The quality or state of being novel; newness.
3. A small manufactured article intended mainly for personal or household adornment — usually used in plural.
4. Something (as a song or food item) that provides often fleeting amusement and is often based on a theme — often used attributively.
5. Originality by virtue of being new and surprising; SYN. freshness.