Sinonimi: fortuity | chance event
Logic, non-essential; attribute not included in definition.
ETYM French accident, from Latin accidens, -dentis, p. pr. of accidere to happen; ad + cadere to fall. Related to Cadence, Case.
1. A mishap; especially one causing injury or death.
2. Anything that happens by chance without an apparent cause; SYN. fortuity, chance event.
Sinonimi: injured party
ETYM French casualité, Late Lat. casualitas.
1. A decrease of military personnel or equipment.
2. Someone injured or killed in an accident; SYN. injured party.
3. Someone injured or killed or captured or missing in a military engagement.
ETYM Old Eng. mesaventure, French mésaventure.
Mischance; misfortune; ill luck; unlucky accident.
1. Bad luck
2. A piece of bad luck; mishap