ETYM AS. dimness.
1. The property of lacking brilliance; SYN. subduedness.
2. The quality of being dim; SYN. faintness.
3. The state of being poorly illuminated; SYN. duskiness.
ETYM Latin obscuritas: cf. French obscurité.
1. An obscure and unimportant standing; not well known.
2. The state of being indistinct or indefinite for lack of adequate illumination; SYN. obscureness.
ETYM Latin opacitas: cf.French opacité.
Quality or state of being opaque. opacify, v. make or become opaque.
1. Incomprehensibility resulting from obscurity of meaning; SYN. opaqueness.
2. Not permitting the passage of light; SYN. opaqueness.
3. The quality of being opaque to a degree; the degree to which something reduces the passage of light; SYN. opaqueness.