To fold into ridges.
1. To curl tightly, of hair; SYN. crape, frizzle, frizz, kink up, kink.
2. To make ridges into by pinching together; SYN. pinch.
1. Fold; especially; to arrange in pleats
ETYM Perhaps of different origin from ruffle to wrinkle; cf. od. roffeln, roffen, to pander, lg. raffein, Dan. ruffer a pimp. Related to Rufflan.
1. To disturb the smoothness of; SYN. ruffle up, rumple, mess up.
2. To erect or fluff up; SYN. fluff.
3. To pleat or gather into a ruffle; SYN. pleat.
4. To trouble or vex.
1. To be burnt on the surface.
2. To burn or be burnt.
1. To fit snugly into; SYN. insert.
2. To make a tuck or several folds in
3. To pull up or draw into a fold