(Of a baseball pitch) On the far side of home plate from the batter; SYN. outside.
(Sport) Used of an opponent's ground.
Away from home or business.
Distant in either space or time.
Not present; having left; SYN. gone, departed.
ETYM Past p. of Old Eng. bounen to prepare, from boun ready, prepared, from Icel. bűinn, p. p. of bűa to dwell, prepare; akin to Eng. boor and bower. Related to Bond, Busk.
1. Confined by bonds.
2. Bound by an oath.
3. Being under moral or legal obligation; SYN. compelled, constrained, obligate.
4. (Usually followed by 'to') Governed by fate; SYN. destined.
5. (Chemistry and physics) Held with another element, substance or material in chemical or physical union.
6. Secured with a cover or binding; often used as a combining form.
7. Confined in the bowels.
8. Headed or intending to head in a certain direction; often used as a combining form; SYN. destined.
(French “of too much”) Not wanted, in the way.
(French) On the way.