Nevertheless; notwithstanding; yet; still; though.
However at the same time; in spite of that.
Nevertheless, dispite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession).
1. Wholly, quite
2. So much
4. For each side; apiece
1. At the same time but in another place.
2. During the intervening time; SYN. meantime, in the meantime.
Sinonimi: only if | only when
1. Except that
2. As recently as
3. In the final outcome
4. Never except when; SYN. only if, only when.
5. With nevertheless the final result
ETYM Old Eng. whennes, whens (with adverbial s, properly a genitive ending; -- see -wards), also whenne, whanene, AS. hwanan, hwanon, hwonan, hwanone; akin to Dutch when. Related to When, Hence, Thence.
From what place or origin or source; SYN. wherefrom.
1. Considering that; it being the case that; since; -- used to introduce a preamble which is the basis of declarations that follow.
2. When in fact; while on the contrary; the case being in truth that; although; -- implying opposition to something that precedes.
ETYM Old Eng. yet, yet, yit, AS. git, gyt, giet, gieta; akin to OFries. ieta, eta, ita, Mid. High Germ. iezuo, ieze, now, German jetzo, jetzt.
Up to the present time.